Gearbox Express School provides training from experts so you can become one yourself.
This two-day course, presented by Gearbox Express, provides practical training to help increase knowledge of wind turbine drivetrains.
The course format is a blend of classroom and shop-floor training. Taught by some of the best industry technicians, gearbox designers, and consulting engineers, students work individually and in small teams.
The course will cover in detail
- Gearbox components and terminology
- Gear and bearing manufacturing
- Assembly best practices
- Gear and bearing failure modes
- Borescope and photography best practices
- Precision measuring hands-on work
- Lubrication systems
- Condition monitoring systems
- Failure root cause analysis techniques and case studies
- Parts handling and high-speed shaft replacement demonstration
- What can be done to extend the life of your assets
- NOW OFFERING an optional day of in-depth borescope training
(additional $1,250 per attendee)
The culmination is a high-speed shaft change out, along with a bearing removal demonstration. This provides a full overview, ensuring the scope of work and quality requirements are well understood.
Space is limited to only 12 participants. Register now!