Gearbox Express offers the GBXchange program. We have gearboxes at the ready!
The GBXchange program is the only one of its kind in the wind energy industry. Gearbox Express makes receiving a replacement gearbox as simple as placing an order. Here’s how GBXchange works:
- Place an order for a gearbox to arrive at a specific date and time.
- Gearbox Express arranges transportation and devilers product to site.
- The core or original gearbox ships back to Gearbox Express on the same truck. At this point, the core becomes property of Gearbox Express.
- The core is first inspected with a boroscope. The process assumes that both the housing and planet carrier are both in good condition and can be reused. If they can’t be reused, there is an upcharge for replacement costs.
- If an internal component is certified for reuse, additional credits will be issued towards future purchase. Want to learn more about our recertification process? Contact us.
- The core is then rebuilt and load tested, and the remanufactured gearbox is placed back into the GBXchange inventory pool.
Gearbox Express can also dedicate inventory for specific customers. The entire GBXchange program is designed to eliminate lead-time and down-time, to get you up and running in no-time.