Gearbox Express School provides training from the experts so you can become one yourself.
This two-day course, presented by Gearbox Express and Romax, provides practical training to help increase knowledge of wind turbine drivetrains.
The course format is a blend of classroom and shop-floor training. Taught by some of the best industry technicians, gearbox designers and consulting engineers, students work individually and in small teams.
The course will cover in detail
- Gearbox components and terminology
- Gear and bearing manufacturing
- Gearbox assembly best practices
- Gear and bearing failure modes
- Boresocpe and photography best practices
- Hands-on, micrometer practice
- Lubrication systems
- Condition monitoring systems
- Failure root cause analysis techniques—main bearing failure case study
The culmination is a high-speed shaft change out, along with bearing removal demonstration. This provides a full overview, ensuring the scope of work and quality requirements are well understood.
Space is limited to only 14 participants. Register now!