Gearbox Express New Headquarters & Manufacturing Facility
We were blown away by big opportunity.
Gearbox Express opened the doors in our wind energy start-up just four short years ago. We have exceeded projections, expectations and capacity — and need a new headquarters with new innovations to meet demands.
Wind Energy is alive and well, and open for business Wisconsin and Gearbox Express is leading the charge.
New Facility Data
- 100% new construction
- All precast, fully climate controlled
- 10-acre site
- 75,000 total square feet for phase one.
- Annual capacity of 250 gearboxes is expected
- Phase 2 will add another 30,000 square feet of manufacturing space
- Annual capacity to increase to 400 gearboxes
- Five 30-ton
- One 60-ton
- 15 three-ton jib cranes
- Five assembly bays
- Two 3.1 megawatt test stands
- Expansive parts area for current repair or remanufacture gearbox stock, or to supply to customers
- Twenty-five staff and growing
- GBX School
- Classroom space for 15