Gearbox Express is different from most other companies that perform wind gearbox repair. We are an independent company, but have a good working relationship with many gearbox OEMs. By utilizing original equipment replacement parts, we prevent significant problems that may arise from reusing, regrinding, or reverse engineering damaged wearing elements. These relationships also allow us to re-manufacture gearboxes to the latest revision level. After we have completed a rigorous, multi-hour load test on our regenerative test stand, we can assure the best reliability in the industry! Gearbox Express is constantly evaluating opportunities to further reduce down time, ranging from improved bearing technology to tools & fixturing that simplify installation and commissioning.
- We are specifically focused on down-tower services. We can provide technical up tower assistance, as well as field support, but our business is not O&M. We will work with your established relationships, not compete with them.
- Our shop has been designed with high attention to quality. It is a climate controlled, near clean room environment.
- Damaged wearing elements are not reused or reground; we replace those with new OEM components. We know that wind conditions vary site to site, so an "as new" gearbox is needed to help ensure optimal life.
- We carry exchange inventory for popular wind turbine gearboxes, as well as mainshafts and bearings.
- Each remanufactured gearbox is fully tested to ensure operational reliability, and carries with it a "birth certificate," detailing specific information that can be used to ensure successful re-commissioning.